CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an Art Director with a track record of designing intuitive, impactful, and accessible brand experiences. Our designers are passionate problem-solvers who strive to create elegant and attractive solutions to complex business challenges, honing their craft as they grow their careers. They stay current with evolving methods for designing engaging products and services, and they approach training in these areas with curiosity and enthusiasm. In addition, our Art Directors mentor other designers, overseeing their work to ensure successful delivery.
This could be the position for you if:
- You possess strong conceptual and visual communication skills, have expert understanding of interaction design and graphic design principles, and can span multiple simultaneous projects.
- You are a strategic, brand oriented experience designer, with the desire to provide innovative solutions for all your engagements.
- You are comfortable working within brand guidelines but also extending and enhancing the design language as needed to create more engaging and accessible designs.
- You are a confident self-starter, yet able to take feedback from clients and direction from ACDs and Creative Directors with humility, all while collaborating closely with project teams.
- You have pixel-level attention to detail and the ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest standards of quality
- Collaborating on the creating of personas, customer journeys, conceptual prototypes, and responsive interfaces that follow interaction design and usability best practices
- Producing clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
- Advocating the benefits of accessible experience and visual design with clients and team members
- Performing competitive brand assessments and providing innovative alternatives, as well as researching and understanding design and technology trends.
- Presents and articulates creative solutions to internal teams and clients with confidence. Leads brainstorming sessions. Comfortable discussing scope and level of effort (LOE) with senior creative team members and account team members.
- Volunteering for CX leadership opportunities, including contributing to methodologies, capabilities, approaches, and toolset. Attending and leading CX meetings and trainings. Engages in professional development and industry involvement.
- Proactively seeks to mentor others about design. Provides design oversight and art direction for visual and interaction designers.
- Proven written, verbal, conceptual, and visual communication skills
- Skilled with tools such as Sketch or Figma, Adobe CS (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), InVision, and PowerPoint (for presentations)
- Experience with video editing, motion design, and designing for AR/VR are pluses
- Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
- Designing according to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) standards and other accessibility best practices
- Incorporating accessibility requirements into design documents and specifications