Aon is looking for a Commercial Risk Chief Operating Officer who is responsible for defining and continuously evolving the Aon Business Services (ABS) portfolio and product roadmap aligned to business / Solution Line goals and strategy. This leader will manage a team of high proficiency pooled resources that will support the portfolio of ABS products and services to meet and exceed quality and value delivery key performance objectives.
This role can be based in the U.S. or any other major Aon Region.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Developing a high-level operating model and portfolio strategy inclusive on digital enablement and vision for the Solution Line that ties to the overall global Aon and ABS strategic goals and direction
- Prioritizes programs and demand based on overall business value, balancing global vs regional needs to optimize investments and utilization of global services / capabilities
- Laser focused on speed/path to value realization enabling differentiated client and carrier experiences
- Fostering innovation and continuous value, orchestrating internal and external multi-functional stakeholders to define, validate and refine ABS product and platform vision, strategy, and roadmaps
- Operating the Aon / Technology governance processes that enable prioritization across multiple options, decisions impacting the Solution Lines and ultimately the overall ABS budget
- Responsible for leading the risk profile across the multiple product teams of a technology stack inclusive of end-to-end processes and systems across the Commercial Risk global portfolio
Your impact as Commercial Risk COO
- As a senior professional, make a significant contribution to the success of function and shared service effectiveness at enabling next level client and colleague experience while providing an increased control environment, meet efficiency goals and enable sustainable growth
- Solid understanding of the design and execution of global business services operating models, using technology to enable efficiency and effectiveness, and providing market differentiated services
- Broad and deep knowledge and ability to drive value through business, technology, and financial management
- Familiar with the latest global Commercial Risk and global business services trends, technologies, standards, products, and applicability
- Use key business parameters/KPIs to evaluate efficacy of solutions and connection to overall ABS efficiency strategy
- Ability to conduct relevant business and planning discussions effectively and independently at the most senior level (AEC/CEO/CFO/COO)
- Lead prioritization to enabled focus on delivering sustainable processes end to end with value realization while ensuring long-term sustainability and a risk managed control environment
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and external network
- Establish credibility with key stakeholders and clients through day-to-day interactions
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques to best meet the need; recognized as a solution provider for sophisticated issues
- Set realistic expectations and timelines with internal and external clients and produce results
- Adhere to Aon processes and procedures and all quality service requirements to deliver exceptional value
- Recognized as a company leader; committed to continuous improvement and Aon United leadership
- Act as a mentor and develop people to maximum potential
- Champion and promote Aon United approach to both internal and external business relationships
- Manage T&E expenses for self and team within corporate guidelines
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing self-development of knowledge and skills in evolving world of Shared Services, Digital and analytics