This position is an entry-level role that will provide selected candidates with a generalist view of Finance work performed in Workday and Salesforce and designed to be an effective pathway to Tier 2 and 3 specialist roles for some. The incumbent will report to the Finance User Success Manager. The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide best-in-class customer support, emphasizing the success of UVAFinance stakeholders.
- Utilize Salesforce to create and respond to cases generated by walk-ins, phone calls, email, and chat.
- Engage in root cause analysis to effectively identify the nature and urgency of the customer’s issue.
- Leverage knowledgebase documentation, self-help resources, and message templates to provide consistent and timely customer support.
- Gather information and documentation from customers that will support functional specialists in providing further support when cases are escalated.
- Provide detailed documentation on case efforts, provided solutions, and customer outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with team members and the User Success Manager to improve service to stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to develop or improve tier 1 knowledge articles and self-help resources.
- Engage in opportunities that will foster success as an agent and further career development.
- Greet, direct, and assist visitors to Carruthers Hall.
- Perform higher-level duties as needed.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to best-in-class customer service experience for UVAFinance stakeholders.
- Understand the diverse needs and expectations of stakeholders within UVA and externally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse body of stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate and navigate complex policies and procedures.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic experience with computing software and systems.
- Sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information.
- Positive, team-oriented approach to service delivery.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Advanced critical thinking, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize diverse tasks to meet customer needs.