The Position: The Management and Program Analyst provides moderately difficult to complex analytical services across organizational boundaries. Provides a lead role for limited special projects. Areas of focus may include budgetary/financial, emergency and risk management, safety, operational efficiency, productivity, asset management and/or performance measurement. Helps to coordinate data collection and business processes. This position will report to the Deputy Director of the Public Works Department. This position is represented by the Lake Oswego Municipal Employees’ Association/ American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
- Performs a variety of research, analysis and administrative studies related to department and/or city-wide special projects including policy development, organizational improvement, and cost-benefit/feasibility studies.
- Leads the review process for small cell wireless applications and manages the City’s right-of-way licensing program.
- Writes and manages Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs) and contracts in support of the Water, Sewer, Streets, Stormwater, and Support Services work groups.
- Works independently to interview personnel involved, secure resources and gather information related to the issue being evaluated and/or analyzed.
- Provides a lead role for limited special projects, such as developing a strategic asset management plan and then leveraging the existing workflow systems to lead the implementation of a robust asset management program.
- Analyzes business processes and their associated information systems and makes recommendations for the redesign of those business processes or information systems with a particular emphasis on improving data collection, asset management best practices, and efficient work flow processes within the Novotx Elements CMMS software.
- Serves as the Street Lights Program lead working with Streets, Engineering, and Development Department leadership to provide review, coordination, and reporting of street light maintenance and repair throughout the City.
- Manages the Right of Way (ROW) permitting program. Works with internal and external stakeholders to manage appropriate use of the public ROW.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.