lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Key Leader role is an essential part of the store leadership team, impacting salesfloor team members and guest (i.e., customer) experience every day. Key Leaders are responsible for leading by example and providing support to Educators, facilitating an outstanding guest experience in the store, and overseeing all operations of the retail floor. Key Leaders leverage key performance indicators and metrics to prioritize responsibilities while adapting to day-to-day business adjustments and challenges.
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns.
- Provide team members recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce career and personal growth.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate product and general company knowledge through appropriate communication channels.
- Provide salesfloor leadership to team members, including planning salesfloor coverage and making decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of salesfloor operations.
- Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) with ensuring a great guest experience that values guests’ time, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product educations, and supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online/pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store options).
- Interact with and assess guests’ unique needs to provide customized, effective purchase and return solutions and support.
- Provide technical product education by articulating the value and benefit of the product.
- Resolve guest feedback and address guest concerns or escalations to make it "right" for guests.
- Move dynamically on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
- Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure optimal guest experience and support store operations.
- Review business data and metrics to evaluate progress toward goals and determine if adjustments are warranted.
- Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing checklists.
- Manage product presentation tasks (e.g., put items back in place, restock or add depleted items to the floor from inventory, destock or relocate items) according to company standards.
- Assign Educators cleaning tasks as needed throughout the shift to maintain the luxury environment of the store.
- Ensure team uses in-store technology to support store operations and provide positive guest experiences.
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.