Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee business development activities, including opportunity identification and qualification, bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships and strategic teaming agreements;
- Support the Director of Business Development in all aspects of strategic and business development planning and execution, managing the pipeline, and the Business Development Unit as a whole;
- Ensure timeliness and compliance of all aspects of proposals, ensuring proposals are submitting in a timely manner;
- Participate in the implementation of the Business Development strategic plan;
- Secure new business opportunities in accordance with IBTCI’s diversification plan;
- Establish and execute a winning capture strategy for new pursuits, including establishing partnerships for new pursuits;
- Develop, implement and continuously improve capture and proposal best practices, systems and tools;
- Write, edit and proofread proposals sections and supporting annexes, as needed;
- Mentor and train staff in all aspects of the business development lifecycle, particularly on effective writing of proposal sections and use of internal processes/tools/resources;
- Develop, implement and model the use of standardized business development processes, tools, templates and information;
- Partner with all levels of technical staff to support new business pursuits;
- Ability and willingness to travel to developing countries as needed;
- Any other duties assigned.
- At least 7 years of professional work experience, predominantly in international settings or related work
- At least 3 years’ experience supervising employees.
- Proven experience leading and winning high-value procurements issued by USAID, US Department of State, and other institutional donors..
- Ability and willingness to travel to developing countries, some of which may be fragile or post-conflict zone areas.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.