Vidyard is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our Product Platform team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting our platform-focused team while maintaining excellent relationships and communicating effectively with all stakeholders. Through your coaching and guidance, you will create a supportive and challenging environment for your team to thrive, and participate in broader initiatives and help level up our engineering team as a whole.
About the Team
Our engineering team consists of over 70 developers across multiple product streams. Each team owns a key portion of our experience. We are passionate about creating awesome products and making Vidyard an amazing place to grow and ship.
The Product Platform team’s focus is on optimizing the foundational and cross-cutting elements of our product to enhance the efficacy of developer experience on the platform.
What You’ll Work On
- Growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated developers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Ensuring the delivery of team projects and outcomes to drive forward business goals.
- Developing a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Vidyard's values.
- Partnering with other leaders and the team to craft technical and product strategy.
- Collaborating across disciplines and building customer empathy to make an outsized impact.
- Level up our Engineering department and grow alongside your peers.
As a Software Development Manager You Can Expect to:
- Discover new opportunities and deliver them to thousands of customers.
- Refine your team’s charter and direction to maximize Vidyard’s growth.
- Foster strong cross-functional business and technical decisions, with Product Managers and Designers.
- Influence broad and impactful decisions.
- Share wins and celebrate success throughout the company.
- Unblock your team and eliminate the root cause.
- Take chances, and learn from setbacks alongside your leader, peers and team.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 2+ years experience leading a development team in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven track record of delivering great solutions to complex problems while balancing technical and product concerns.
- Have effectively hired, onboarded, and managed a team of developers reporting to you.
- You love mentoring and nurturing developers, helping them be the best they can be.
- Experience fostering a culture of safety, inclusion, and belonging on a team, resulting in high levels of engagement and results.
- You follow through on your commitments, overcome blockers, navigate disagreements and take responsibility for your work and your team's work.
- Have experience in software development, or in a similar technical role. You are comfortable in technical conversations, and supporting your team as they explore tradeoffs and make technical decisions.
- An interest in or working experience within Artificial Intelligence would be considered an asset.