This UI designer will work across state government to conduct user research and translate the results into high-quality UI designs through wireframes, site maps, graphic designs, and prototypes. This designer will need to be able to identify project goals, understand user behavior and design with a user first mentality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet with clients to determine the scope of a project.
- Expert in high fidelity prototypes, graphics, and layouts.
- Design and test UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes and more for our digital assets.
- Branding, typography, and color theory solutions that adhere to style and accessibility standards.
- Present prototypes to clients.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final prototype.
- Collaborate with Web Team on implementation of prototype deliverable.
- Engage with clients to determine their requirements and timelines.
- Educate clients on all aspect of the design process as it pertains to their project and needs.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven graphic design experience.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects.
- Proficiency in analyzing data to promote a data driven UI experience.
- Expertise in developing on brand, high quality, accessible UI design solutions driven by research and data.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to XD, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience with Figma.
- Experience with HTML5.
- Experience with CSS3.
- Experience with Accessibility Tools (such as WAVE, ANDI) to ensure all creative pieces are WCAG 2.1 compliant.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with WordPress (including block patterns).
- Experience with Bootstrap 4 & 5.
- Experience with Collaboration tools such as Slack and Wrike.