At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Piping materials engineers develop specifications for piping, valves, insulation, and related items in support of projects Air Products will engineer, build, own, and operate. As part of our internal engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) organization you will learn by working hands on projects ranging from standardized cryogenic air separation plants to first-of-its-kind green energy complexes. As the owner of the plants we engineer, our design teams are continuously learning from the operating fleet’s feedback. Owning & operating plants also offers a variety of career growth possibilities within Air Products itself beyond the typical EPC roles.
- Assist in the execution of piping material engineering projects under direct supervision of project lead engineers
- Prepare project work using internal standards, industry practices, and personal experience to ensure a safe design
- Develop and apply piping material classes based on product and project requirements.
- Specify insulation, paint, protective coatings on Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Line Lists
- Select and specify manual valves and piping specialty items
- Prepare pressure test diagrams and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Work with other functional-groups to gather information needed to produce a comprehensive and constructible design package, relay schedule issues, and ensure smooth handover to Construction team.
Safety and Standards
- Adhere to all Air Product safety requirements, including specifications and standards related to Mechanical Systems.
- Occasional travel (approximately 10%) including office and site visits, domestic and international.
- Participate in shop and site inspections and field support.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Understanding of basic mechanical engineering concepts
- Strong written and spoken English interpersonal skills, particularly regarding technical terminology related to piping