Duties for this role include:
- Designs industrial machinery and equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts, in the field.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Will act as liaison between designers, manufacturing, engineers, manufacturing, and tooling procurement regarding aspects of quality, cost, and schedule relating to tool manufacturing planning.
- Will lead activities to improve processes within the tool design and planning product flow.
- Design tools using CAD/CAM tools.