Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in chemical, civil, construction, environmental, materials, mechanics, structural, or transportation engineering or in engineering management.
- Possession of a verification of graduation with major course work in chemical, civil, construction, environmental, materials, mechanics, structural, or transportation engineering or in engineering management.
You ll work with a great team dedicated to improving Iowa roads by:
- inspect and coordinate construction projects ensuring work is aligned with contract documents
- engage and collaborate with employees to support team success
- act as a liaison with Iowa DOT staff, government officials, contractors, media, and the public
- ensure proper certification of materials including sampling, testing, and inspection
- respond to inquiries and resolves technical issues in accordance with department policies
- performs Resident Construction final audit process for completed projects
- use DOT technical devices and software applications