The Berkeley School of Education (BSE) at the University of California is recruiting for a Coordinator of Public Programs position in the Academic Talent Development Program (ATDP). This position will serve as the ATDP Program Director, under the supervision of the ATDP Faculty Director, Dr. Frank C. Worrell. The program is unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
The Academic Talent Development Program (ATDP), housed in the BSE, provides challenging educational experiences in the form of more than 100 enrichment or accelerated classes to more than 2,000 academically talented learners from the United States and beyond per year.
Major programs of ATDP include the following:
- The Elementary Division serving approximately 1,000 students/year in Grades K-6.
- The Secondary Division serving approximately 1,000 students/year in Grades 7-11.
- Global Programs serving approximately 200 students/year in high schools from China, Canada, India, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- The Explorations program serving approximately 800 students/year in Grades K-11.
Under the Supervision of ATDP's Faculty Director, Program Director responsibilities will include:
- Vision, leadership, and executive management of the Academic Talent Development Program.
- Oversee ATDP's programmatic offerings and administrative operations including budget and finance, academic and administrative personnel, space and facilities, business contracts, student placements, academic conduct cases, policy exception requests, etc. through the efforts of five full-time staff and100+ part-time summer staff in the Teacher Special Programs titles.
- Directly supervise ATDP's Assistant Director, two Public Education Specialists, and 90 part-time Secondary Division and Global Programs instructional staff (Teacher Special Programs).
- Maintain ATDP accreditation with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Coordinate and provide guidance for the continual development of ATDP programs.
- Work to expand ATDP's A-G course offerings ensuring ATDP course alignment with California State and National content standards.
- Maintain the fiscal health of ATDP; review monthly budget reports, oversee revenue and expense accounts; meet regularly with Berkeley School of Education budget administrators to discuss fiscal year balances and projected revenues and expenses. Manage ATDP's financial aid programs for low-income students; Maintain and update ATDP Core Operations expense projections workbook. Meet with Faculty Director each fall to review updated ATDP Core operations net revenue and projected expenses for five years.
- Managing ATDP's personnel and payroll actions for academic and administrative staff, meet regularly with Berkeley Regional Services HR partner, and Berkeley School of Education AP and HR contacts to ensure alignment with campus and BSE policies and practices in the areas of recruitment, hiring, supervision, and compensation. Oversee ATDP's Smartsheet and Service Hub submissions.
- Oversee professional development & community building experiences for ATDP teachers.
- Build ATDP resources through grant-writing and cultivated donor relationships.
- Represent ATDP within the Berkeley School of Education and report regularly to ATDP's Faculty
director on ATDP's activities, and initiatives.
- Work with ATDP Faculty Director on initiatives that promote and support ATDP's research mission and visibility in the field of gifted education such as: participation in the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) and the Special Interest Group on Giftedness, Creativity, and Talent of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), etc.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with departments on the UC Berkeley campus that provide programmatic support, guidance, and resources for ATDP.
- Foster relationships and develop collaborative projects with local, regional, national, and international education agencies that further the collective goals of ATDP.